WOWBLAZE Saturday
2024-05-18
5:04 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS Main Page | GM---Appilcation - WowBlaze Forum | Register | Log in
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
WowBlaze Forum » STAFF » GM applicaions » GM---Appilcation (The best application in the world... maybe)
GM---Appilcation
domg839Date: Friday, 2007-09-07, 7:49 PM | Message # 1
HOBO
Group: Checked
I have teamspeak and ventrilo on my computer and have no problem going on and just having fun. When I game I am always in a teamspeak/ventrilo because it makes the game more enjoyable to play.

1:: What is your in game name?

Character Name for the private server - Woodyy

2:: How long have you played on this server?
I have recently joined this community in shock with the great members attended here, and I am currently enjoying the positive attitude which flows through the forums and server.

3:: Have you play retail WOW and if so how long?
To be honest, I have only played retail for about 2 years, I figured paying for something that I could receive for free is a waste of money, even though you dont receive best performance. I started getting into WoW when my friend used to play all day, and I would tell him to get out of his cave and do something. Then from there, I started to play retail, did not appreciate having to pay, and later discovered private servers and I am still loving the energy in the air.

4:: What is your average daily playing time?

I live in New York, United States. I play usually everyday, unless someone died, an emergency, significant holiday, vacation, or anything of that sort. My playing hours are as displayed: 9-10 hours on schooldays, Holidays/Summer : 10-12 hours (obviously not everyday) but overall for it 11 hours. To sum everything up I play almost everyday, half the day in the summertime, holidays, etc. | 9-10 Hours after school, etc.

5:: Where do you live?
As displayed above. I live in New York, United States. English is my mother language . I do speak some spanish, and I am still learning in Educational Programs, and in school. I am to say that I am a "B" student in English, not perfect at it. I can sometimes use slang words such as (g2g, or c u later, etc.) However, when I am in situations like this, that is not an option.

6:: What hours do you normally play and please indicate time zone?
I described above. I play 9-10 hours after returning from a long day of school, and 10-12 hours on holidays, and summer break. Overall, I play almost everyday, and 85-90% online. My timezone is (PST) (UTC-8 )

7:: How many different classes have you played on this server and what classes where those and what levels on each?

I am currently playing a Human Rogue, on blaze, enjoying it very deeply. Otherwise, I have studied some classes before as tests to decide of what my choices where. On my friends private server, I have used a Orc Warrior, Night Elf Priest, and a Troll Hunter.

8:: How old are you?
My birthday is August 30, 1989. I am 18 years of age.

Added (2007-09-07, 7:49 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
9 A:: Do you have past experience as a Game Master?
Well, I would say I come from a long line of being the position as a GM master. I am not saying this to impress anyone, or saying "Oh yeah, I have been GMing on tons of servers, I know all commands" ,etc. I am being truthfully honest. I held the position on Sipex, I resigned from the server due to the lack of appreciation players had for what GM's do, as well as the dark community. I decided to seek for a more brighter, and kind community that welcomes its members to its community with such kindness. I also supported my server, wasnt that big but I was doing really well. I edit vendors, spawn NPC's ,etc. But this server was mainly to play around, there was no more then 5 people on at a given time.. I added items to the vendors, spawned portals, and stuff that would make my fun server a complete success. I decided making my own server public would be a huge burden to carry, also it was stressing to update the revisions, database ,etc. Especially with no help, I had to learn how to do the MySQL, Antrix.conf files ,etc. on my own. It sure was difficult but I didn't give up because I am not that kind of person, I thrive for what my goals are and try to accomplish what I need to. I know the main commands for antrix that basically any average GM would know, I say I am pretty experienced with them though.

9B:: If so, where and for how long?

I played on Sipex for about one and a half months until what I described about happened. I then tryed to make my own server but it was too much of a burden. I used my server only to practice and to enjoy all aspects of WoW. My server lasted for about 2-3 weeks.

10:: Give us some general information about yourself here:
Well, from my personal opinion I would say I am quite benefical when it comes to approving a server. My friends would describe me as outgoing, humorous, athletic, industrous, patient, and responsible. I think I am also independant, my parents did not have to push me to get a job, or anything of that matter, I took a stride and got one myself. I am very conversable, I enjoy speaking with people and making new friends, whether its online, in public or maybe even at the beach or something. Overall, I am someone who is good to rely on and dependable. I am diligent when it comes to the server, forums, or maybe if another GM, or staff needed some asisstance, I would be more than honored to help.

11:: Why would you be suitable for a GM position?

I think I would be rightful for this position, because I am flexibile, meaning if there where changes that I would need to do to in order to support the server, I would do it. I am really not a complex person, I am simple, easy to get along with and like I said, very conversable. I would try with my full exertion (Not saying trying my best, and then being the worst GM ever but: to give players what they really need, and satisfy them with all-around assistance to enhance their interactive gameplay. I can host events if available, edit NPC's, vendor items, gameobjects (Things that I do need, there not that big of a deal but are important). I like seeing the community grow, expanding and increasing the amount of players that are attended here. I dont want to be one of those GM's who everyone hates, just because I couldn't return an item do to their inelegant loss. I can support the server with vital information that requires typing long, or numerous pages of things to explain to players, staff, and even newcomers that register here. I can offer help in forums, with any issues I may come across that look like there evident to require attention. Overall, I put out my full honor for this sever, and dedicate myself to support anything I need to, or anything I can do to make this a better, more sharpened and dominant community. I've have always wanted to be part of an extravagant WoW environment, especially to be the one supporting them with game-play. I want to acknowledge the position of a GM in a larger group, with other dedicated staff there to work with you, and assist you with any questions or problems you may need. It has always been a pleasure for me to do things similar to this, I essentially am pleased with work like this, I also understand it is not all fun and games. There is work to be done, and it must be completed. I understand the work, and will do to my best ability to accomplish what needs to be done.

Added (2007-09-07, 7:49 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
12:: What positive additions could you make to the community/servers?
I can lighten up with support in the section of all around fun involving games on the forums, stories, events, and more things I can come up with. On servers, like I said, I can host events if eligible, offer to do any thing for players such as their donation gear, involving item codes,etc. I offer to spend time in the channel's to assist most player with what they need. For example, you may see a player with there text almost hidden in the "Looking for Group" channel saying "GM Please I need help with my Mount, its not working" I would try at least to support them with a rightful solution or describing the problem, or bug with it. I would answer GM tickets rightfully and correct with effort to send to the player with there satisfaction. I am one of those people who like to think outside the box to get a better understanding of different things when it comes to suggestions, discussions, brainstorming and other significant things that require powerful thinkers. I dont say "lighten up" the server because I think I am the only GM capable of this, or that I am the best person with ideas. I just mean that I can aquire significant ideas for events, website design, in-game suggestions and anything that could be enhanced.

13:: Include anything else you wish for us to know here.

I can do some HTML, I am in the process of learning Javascript, and I am deprived to learn C++

wowblazeDate: Friday, 2007-09-07, 8:22 PM | Message # 2
Group: Removed

getsome activity on TS

and we will see

WowBlaze Forum » STAFF » GM applicaions » GM---Appilcation (The best application in the world... maybe)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024